When I first started this site, it was the intention of having e-books with resell rights available. Doing some research I found that what my site does is so unique that e-books on the subject matter were not available. I had to compromise and join as an affiliate with online book stores.
My wife suggested that I post on Craigslist and elsewhere and ask college students to write for me. I focused on my first top ten list on the site and did just that. Within just 3 days I had close to a dozen people respond. A few of them were snooty, and thought I was playing a joke by not offering more money. Most of them, though, were quite enthusiastic and I think I will have my top ten list "top ten of all time" available with links for users to go to and read a little more about each person for a nominal fee. I offered $10 for each essay, with the potential of quarterly bonuses depending on the success of the income generated from this new method. It will be interesting to see how this will change my site in terms of bringing in money. So far, as of 6/6-10, I have had 710 people visit the site and from that I have made less than $20 in ad revenue. In order to make this work and for me to keep the site up and going I would need to make $50-100 a day in "sales" for it to be profitable enough for me to continue. I hope this new change will accomplish that. Visit Viking2960's Vault of History and Top Ten List
Take a look and see for yourself how unique and fun it can be to learn a little bit about our past.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment