This is one of those instances where I go off topic a little, but not really. Today, Wednesday, was the last day of practice for the senior golfers at this weeks Senior PGA Championship. Tomorrow, the shots start counting. I can't go to watch the "real" deal, but I had a lot of fun just watching them practice. These are professionals that took a game that they love and turned it into something more. As I watched them warm up, hit balls on the driving range, practice putting, and out on the golf course visualizing different scenarios for the upcoming tournament, I thought one could learn a lot from this. These tournaments are these golfers workplace and they approach it as such. Sure they have fun and they love what they do, but to see them do everything that I witnessed them do today was quite remarkable. Top it off, you had golfers like Tom Watson stopping and signing autographs and posing for pictures with youngsters and you can see what an impact it had on the kids that got up and personal with him. What a terrific guy. I have my personal favorites to win the tournament, he is one of them along with Fred Couples and Hale Irwin the local celeb. It was just a joy to see how they work their craft and how they interact not only with each other, but with the public as well. The point I wanted to bring up was their focus at the task at hand and their methodology in their approach. Take that and apply it to your own craft and you would be well served. These are people that are the best at what they do and if you were to copy their work ethic and attitude and apply it to your condition, there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't succeed at what you do in your daily life.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment